Thursday, January 19, 2006

what if i got back my life to live over...

This New Year I had people ask me if I had any new resolutions and I tell them the ever heard quote that resolutions are made to be broken. But it is not just New Year that we think of doing something different (resolve) but always when we are through a rough patch. Every time I find myself making a mistake I try to contemplate how differently I should have done things so that I would have been happier with what has happened!!

There are very few people to whom I have spoken of contemplation and looking with ones own self but many a times I have spoken to myself. I wasn’t this way till the year 2000. I would want people always around me and was never comfortable to spend time with myself. But I just think how many times I like to walk alone on the road, take a drive to Beasant Nagar Beach alone or even watch a movie alone that has got some good reviews.

During one such speaking to self exercise I started thinking what I would do differently if I had my life to live over again.

IF I had my life to live over again I’ll do more mistakes. I’ll be sillier than I have been. May be I’ll regret those mistakes but would never feel guilty for having committed those mistakes. I would take lesser things very seriously. I would laugh and cry more. I would express love and affection without fear. I will thank everyone who bring about a change in my life. Surely wouldn’t have left my father take his own sweet time in taking care of his health.

I’ll play with more children and hear to more old people. I’ll smile at everyone I see. I’ll tell more people that I like them. I'll care less about what people think about me and accept me the way I am. I’ll be bolder in taking decisions. I’ll meet trouble on the ground than just think of it. I would travel more, climb more mountains and see more seas. I would give more time to the moon and sunsets. I would learn at least two musical instruments. I would sing in public without thinking of what the audience would say. I would feel sad but never depressed. I would get annoyed but not angry. I would shout at people but never carry any grudges. I would as informal as I can be. Shall eat more sweets and ice cream than having to think of how much I’ll weigh!!

I’ll not study engineering but shall like to graduate from an Institution as diverse like REC. I would make more friends and like to touch their life every moment of my life in someway or the other. I would learn things for just learning sake and not look for what comes along with learning.


I have been a person who has lived life cautiously for quite sometime. I have had my own nice moments and no complains for what has happened. But living free is in itself is like being in heaven. No additional baggage and you travel light.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey coach,
How you doing?!
When r ur internships starting?
Had no idea you blogged. Just read your last two posts - were definitely good though a lit bit nostalgic/senti.
All of us do make mistakes in our lives but I dont think there is any point in shedding tears over our past failures.
Think of all that u have achieved, the unexpected friendships,the pleasant surprises (including my writing a message on ur blog:))...

Cheers,
Pradeep.

gtholpadi said...

very good!!

gtholpadi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.